With the forecast and condition of the roads, I spoke with someone at the board of education earlier today. The rule that was passed to me was simply, “if no school due to weather, then no youth bball practice.”
That being said, I am going to make an assumption that with the weather coming in, that MC Schools will be out today (MLK), tomorrow, and possibly Wednesday (Just my opinion). While I want to have the best opportunity for our kids, I have to aware of more weather to come and the fact that spring soccer, and baseball are just around the corner. In addition, Jason Tripure informed me Friday that as a result to the cancelled Travel/AAU tourney this past Saturday that it will have to rescheduled for February 10th. (This occupies gyms and pulls their staff away including gym administrators, and has to be done as it is a very significant fundraiser)
- My number one concern is getting the kids season in, and keeping things as even/fair as possible.
- As a result our only option is to play this week if at all possible.
- MOVING FORWARD WE WILL CANCEL ALL PRACTICES THIS WEEK IN THE INTEREST OF KEEPING THE PLAYING FIELD LEVEL, AND PLAY ON SATURDAY IF APPROVED BY MC SCHOOLS. (TO KEEP IT FAIR, IT WOULD BE A MANDATE THAT NO ONE PRACTICE, IF YOU DO HOLD PRACTICE YOU WOULD FORFEIT SATURDAYS GAME)
Let’s hope for the best and we optimistically look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.